- Monday, Oct 19, 2020 6:00 PM - Wednesday, Oct 28, 2020 7:00 PM CDT
"And He spoke many things to them in many parables…" Matthew 13:13
If a picture is worth a thousand words, Jesus’ parables – brilliant word-pictures crafted to illustrate the Kingdom of God – have no equivalent. Over one third of his teachings were parables, but what exactly are these teachings? Are they just nice stories to entertain his listeners? Or is there more to discover?
In The Parables of Jesus, we explore the rich meaning of Jesus' favorite teaching method. In them, the character of the Kingdom of God is revealed. We also discover powerful lessons regarding the heart and character of Kingdom leaders. More than just pithy sayings or trite stories, the parables turn our "ears into eyes" and allow us to see the Kingdom in a deep, new way.
Led by some of Israel's top tour guides, this intimate study tour is designed for those who wish to "dig deeper" in God's word.* We venture off the traditional tour path and explore many unconventional sites as we examine the parables, including extended time on the Temple Mount. This dynamic time together provides concrete images that illuminate spiritual truths concerning the Kingdom and Jesus' leadership method.
This trip also includes special Shepherding studies in the Samarian wilderness. During this time, you will discover why God chose shepherds to lead His people - and what it means to be a Shepherd leader.
Using the practical, simple elements of everyday life, Jesus used parables to open the eyes of his followers. In the same way, you will learn the historical, cultural and geographical details of the parables and discover how Jesus artfully crafted these word pictures to reveal the Kingdom of God. It is a beautiful blend of practical and spiritual that will impact every area of your life!
Join us as we explore the Parables of Jesus, discovering Kingdom principles and leadership applications. And because you're traveling with Israel Firstfruits, you’ll also meet local believers and leaders in the Land!
Come encounter the Land, engage the People and experience the life-changing Word!
*Group size is limited to 18 participants. Study tour is designed for those who have visited Israel before. As this is a special study emphasis, we do not visit many traditional sites. For those wishing to participate but visiting Israel for the first time, we recommend our Kingdom Encounter study tour.
- Tour begins on October 19 in the evening and concludes the evening of October 28. When booking airfare, you should plan to arrive on October, which may require an October 18 departure depending on your city of origin. Return flights should be booked for late (10:30pm or later) flights on October 28.
- Cost does not include airfare or travel insurance. An additional tip for our tour guide will be collected at the end of the trip and is at the discretion of each participant.
- Balance due August 15, 2020.
- Please review all additional details included on the FAQ sheet. Registration is an acknowledgment of all terms.